Thursday, March 13, 2008

OCL Web Challenge--Thing 2: 7 1/2 Lifelong Learning Habits

My mother assures me that when I was a little girl, my favorite activity (besides going to the bookmobile) was standing at my child sized blackboard and writing words and math problems for my little sister, Kim. So it should come as no surprise that out of the 7 1/2 Lifelong Learning Habits, I should find it easiest to teach others.

Given the peripatetic education I've enjoyed over the years, it seems the hardest of the 7 1/2 Lifelong Learning Habits is beginning with the end in mind. If one is only focused on the end of the road, how can one enjoy the valuable detours?

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

ahh I totally hear you about the detours. I may not be a librarian now if I hadn't enjoyed them myself. Also, I think peripatetic might be my new favorite word!