Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thing 12: NetLibrary


Although I think I'll always prefer curling up with a book to reading one on a computer screen (even if Amazon's e-book reader, Kindle, is small enough to take to bed), its nice to know how to access the materials in our collection that are only available electronically.

It took me some time to get used to reading the e-books--embarassingly, it took me several minutes to figure out how to turn the page...the "Previous" and "Next" buttons at the top of the screen.

As for the book I chose to explore, working with the public makes me think about how vulnerable we are to germs, so I was interested in Infection Protection: How to Fight the Germs that Make You Sick. Click on the picture at the top of this post to get a closer look at why eating at home is probably safer than eating in a restaurant (my grandmother was right!).

1 comment:

miss pea said...

methinks you have Roach on the brain and I don't mean the little ones that crawl. Amwericans eat out 4X week? I hate to think what lives in our intestines--little visitors we bring home in the doggy bags that are our guts